Thanks to all who participated, cheered the runners, and helped make this year's Turkey Trot a great family and community event!
Online registration for the 11th Annual Turkey Trot will open on July 1, 2018
Race Date: November 22, 2018
1K at 7:30 a.m.
5K at 8:00 a.m.
Thanks to our sponsors who help made this year's race possible
American Financial Network,Inc.
Golden State Water Company
The Renken Company
University of LaVerne - College of Law
Cindy Rainey - Coldwell Banker/Blackstone Realty
Espiau's Restaurant & Cantina
John Elway's Claremont Chrysler/Jeep
Nancy Telford - Century 21 Real Estate
College Escrow, Inc.
David & Margaret Youth & Family Services
Last Name Brewery, Inc.
Mike F. O'Brien, Attorney at Law
Nona Tierre State farm Insurance Agency
The Diamond Center
Towne Square Escrow
Feeling Groovy Wellness Center
VNA Hospice & Palliative Care Center
Letter from Claremont Sunrise Rotary 2017-2018
Club President Kari Anderson
Rotary International President Ian Riseley embraces the idea that Rotary is a place where people network and make professional connections while doing good in the world. He notes, “It was being involved with people who obviously were the absolute business elite in the area.”
Once a week, I am afforded the opportunity to share great food with the area’s elite business leaders and listen to a presentation about a subject I might otherwise have known nothing about. It is the best mid-week meeting anyone could ask for.
For those of you new to our club, here’s the typical program…
- We arrive and Pledge our Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
- A member ignites our Service Above Self zeal with an Inspirational Moment
- New Guests are introduced and we re-kindle with returning Guests
- An original poem from our very own Poet Laureate Arnie Thompson is shared
- We catch up on Rotary Business
- Our Speaker of the Week captivates us
- We donate in the speaker’s name to local special needs children at leroyhaynes.org
In addition to our meeting the first four Wednesdays of the month, we support numerous fantastic service projects that allow us to network and give back. Here are just a few:
- 10th Annual claremontturkeytrot.org 5k/1k Race to support local youth sports
- Building free prosthetic arms and hands to developing nations for ln-4.org
- Last Name Brewing supporting the American Cancer Society’s RelayForLife
- Donating ShelterBox units for worldwide disaster relief
On a more personal note- If it wasn’t for our club, my entrepreneurial aspirations would have stayed just that. Because of the encouragement and support of my fellow Rotarians, I knew it was possible to start an organization of high ethical standards and provide a much-needed service of finding jobs for persons with disabilities in our home community.
I know doing business with fellow Rotarians ensures the success of my professional work. I am honored to be our 2017-18 Club President and look forward to our Rotary year ahead… “Rotary Making a Difference”.
Kari D. Anderson
CSR Club President
Donate to Relay for Life by clicking here
Claremont Sunrise Rotary is matching donations up to $3,000 total.
Read about the campaign for
David & Margaret
Youth and Family Services
and thanks to Parker Emerson
for being a